Ms. Valdez firmly believes in a proactive approach to handling workplace issues.
Her practice focuses on providing day-to-day legal counseling on a wide range of employment law-related matters in an effort to reduce the risk of future claims, as well as to assist clients in improving workplace culture and employee morale. Her advising and consulting services include:
- Advising on pre-employment and hiring practices
- Discrimination / harassment prevention
- Assistance with workplace investigations
- Preparation of employee policies and procedures
- Guidance on handling employee leave issues
- Assistance with handling accommodation requests pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Guidance on wage and hour compliance
- Advice on employee discipline and terminations
- Preparation of employee contracts, confidentiality agreements and non-compete agreements
- Preparation and implementation of arbitration policies and procedures
- Human resources consulting, including diagnostic evaluations of human resources practices.
- Assistance with government audits including the Texas Workforce Commission, Department of Labor & Immigration and Customs Enforcement.